Who is eligible
Membership of the GLSC is free and open to all who are:
- at least 18 years old; and
- an Aboriginal person; and either
- connected to the Determined Area according to Aboriginal traditional law and custom to the satisfaction of the directors; or
- a continuous resident in the Determined Area, and must have been a continuous resident in the Determined Area for 12 months prior to the date of application for membership.
Members Rights and Responsibilities
- can attend, speak and vote at general meetings;
- can be made a director;
- can, in accordance with rule 4.6 put forward resolutions at general meetings;
- can, in accordance with rule 4.3 ask the directors to call a general meeting;
- can look at the books and records of the corporation (if the directors have authorized them to do this, or if the members have passed a resolution which lets them do this);
- must follow these rules and the extra rules in the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Act 2006 (Cth);
- must let the GLSC know if they change their address;
- must treat each other with respect; and
- must comply with the corporations policies and procedures manual on conflict of interest and other governance matters.
How to become a member
If you wish to become a member and meet eligibility requirements, simply fill out the attached membership application form and send to:
GPO Box 10006, Kalgoorlie WA 6430.
All applications received shall be considered by the directors at the next scheduled Board of Director meeting. The directors can request a person applying to be a member for more information in order to be able to decide if a person is eligible to be a member.
For more information please contact:
T (08) 9091 1661